Wednesday, September 20, 2006

How do you choose?

Choices. There are so many choices. They vary in the degree of importance, but are still there. Cherry Coke or Sprite? Sleep another hour or go ahead and get up? Believe or question things? Run or walk? Take this job or take that job? Live here or there?

Running would help me get to that place faster, but I might miss it. Walking might be slower, but I would be able to notice the details. I used to run all the time, sometimes I still do, but not as much. Most times I was trying to run away from "reality" if you will...like nothing could catch me...I wasn't consumed with having to make a choice.

They say if you don't understand something you should ask questions, that's how you learn. But, what if by asking these questions you change what your beliefs are? You don't have to know the facts to support your belief...noone can hold it against you what you believe...but, if you would like to encourage others to convert to your way of thinking you will need facts. So, do you ask a question or do you believe?

You can have Cherry Coke one day and tomorrow have Sprite. Easy choice. It's not like the whole world is going to change in the minute you decide which soda you want.

Random entry, but that's why this blog is titled "Randomness"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home