Monday, September 25, 2006

Historic Charleston and Shampoonditioner

I went to Charleston, SC this past weekend and, as always, it is the best ever...who knew so much history could be found in one city. Every time I go, which is like twice a year, I learn something new. This is pretty awesome for a history major let me tell you. It's like a city specially created for us history buffs. In fact, I would love to be a tour guide part-time down there vs. the whole Starbucks thing. My family and I did do something different...we walked the streets around the battery at night and saw the 17th century houses lit up with gas lanterns...beautiful. We also spent part of a day at our favorite beach, Kiawah Island, followed by the biggest icecream sundaes ever! =)

I have told many people I am going to live in Charleston one day. Some may think I'm not that serious about it. BUT, if you have been around me more than 6 months, you will have most likely heard it about 100 times. This trip I actually went over to Mt. Pleasant (right outside of Charleston) and checked out the condos, etc. Now I just need to find a job down there and I'm packing up and heading down there!

If you have not been there or have only been once or twice, here are a few suggestions:
*Andolini's Pizza (right outside of Charleston)
*Hyman's Seafood/Aaron's Deli (downtown Charleston)
*Civil War walking tour with Jack Thomson
*Ghost walking tour
*Fort Sumter ofcourse
*Calhoun house
--and just pick a street to walk up and down...there are stories about pretty much every house!



Completely different topic. I really think I will always be a kid. I'm two months from being 23 and, WOW!, I sure don't feel like it. Take for example, my cousin Chad, who just turned 30 this year. My great-grandmother was in the hospital back in Jan./Feb. and there were a couple of chairs and the wheel-chair in her hospital room. Unfortunately, I did not witness this first hand, b/c Anna (my sister) and I had gone to get some food...Chad decided to sit in the wheel-chair since my aunt, uncle, mom, & dad had the chairs. A bit restless, he decided to pull a few wheelies and ended up flipping over backwards in the chair. =0) Moral of the story, "caution: keep wheel-chairs away from anyone under the age of 35. They can cause injuries." I wonder when you truly feel like a "grown-up" or if it is just an act our parents and grandparents put on for us.


Desperate Housewives started off pretty good. BUT, the real star is going to be Grey's Anatomy again. The CSI thing is SOOOO old and the spin-offs that take place in NY and Miami just drag it down even more. Criminal Minds and Without a Trace are good alternates. LOST starts next week, so we will see if it's a competitor.

Panthers finally have a win over Tampa Bay and face New Orleans next week. We should be able to take care of that game. However, N.Orleans and Atlanta are undefeated so far, at least until the end of tonight...one will have a loss. Bottom line_Steve Smith, John Kasay, Delhomme, & KJ are the key offense_bring out Peppers for a few sacks and Manning for an interception & we are in good shape.

Random thought of the day: a bottle of shampoo such as Pert, some Herbel Essence(s), and the little bottles that you get in a hotel, say they also contain conditioner. why not call them shampoonditioner?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home