Monday, October 09, 2006

Sneak a piece of candy on Hallow's Eve

In thinking about what to be this Halloween (since my aunt & uncle are having a Halloween party) I was trying to think about all of the costumes I had been over the years:
*Belle from Beauty and the Beast
*a 60's girl with a poodle skirt
*a witch with white hair, all black clothes, cape, and pointy hat
*a hippie
*a dancer (thanks to my dancing recital outfit that year)
*a country singer
*Pippi Longstocking
*Rainbow Bright
and last year: a witch from Hocus Pocus (great Halloween movie fr/childhood)

This year I have decided to be (and have already bought the outfit) a gypsy. It looks a bit like Esmerelda. Kinda a renaissance look to it. I thought about being Sydney Bristow, but no one would figure out who I was. I really wanted to be a pirate, but the pickin's were slim at the Halloween costume place. Alas, the runner up will do.

I think Halloween is alot of fun. It's the one day/night you can be whatever you want to be...no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Noone takes a second glance, unless you have an awesome costume. You get to be a character in the mixed up fairy tales, horror movies, and classic superheroes. Too bad you don't get a plastic pumpkin (or pillow case) full of candy over the age of 11 or 12. And as we did, you get to pick 3 or 4 pieces to throw into your lunch bag each day afterwards.
It is fun to see the crazy outfits the neighbors' kids wear now and handout candy to them AND in between sneak a piece yourself =0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home